Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Goa Mixed Inspiration

One of my roommates loves to listen to trance music while studying (well all the time, really). I don't know much about the genre, and I always thought his habit was really strange.

Two things happened this weekend. First, said roommate introduced me to Paul Oakenfold's Goa Essential Mix, which (in my slightly influenced state) I thought was one of the coolest things I had ever heard. I quickly stole it and put it on my computer.

Second, I had a brutal Civil Eng. homework project, which involved me writing an excel code to solve an engineering problem. I had worked on it for a huge portion of the weekend, but had hardly gotten anywhere. By Monday morning I was still trying to figure it out, and trying not to panic. That's when the Goa Mix came on my computer. Within 15 minutes I had the code figured out.

You know how they say listening to Mozart will help you do better on tests? Well, I guess Oakey is the new Mozart. Needless to say, I'm going to be stealing a lot more trance music from my roommate.

No comments:

Post a Comment